Praise - Day 8

Praise God for His unconditional and boundless love.


Being loved is one of the most profound and deeply powerful connections that there is in life. When my children are scared or worried or anxious- they reach out to me - to establish their security. “Oh- I am loved. I am okay. I can face whatever it is that worries me”.

Time and time again they return to me reaching out for my love. I want to always be the well they can draw from- but I’ve learned I am not. Although I love my children dearly, there are times I fail.
Like when  they reach out to me (maybe even through poor behaviour) looking for certainty and instead may receive a chastising or a sweeping aside- with an- I don’t have time for this right now!”attitude..
Oh my heart breaks when I see the damage I’ve done. When I see their eyes well with tears or their heads hang in sadness. I am not enough.

Thankfully I know someone who is. Who constantly pursues me no matter what I’ve done. Who never sweeps me aside and will always have time for me. It’s a love that can never be broken. Not even by hell  itself. A love that is stronger than distance and time- bigger and wider than any mountain I face.

I pray that my kids will know this love too and look to Him to fill them with truth.

Ephesians 3:16-19
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”

Today take some time listen to these songs below: Click to listen

My Soul Sings by Delirious

How He Loves by David Crowder but I prefer to show you the version done by Peter Mattis.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes