The Big 3- Oh!

I can hardly believe the big day has come and gone - the big 3-oh! Fortunately I have been informed by many that 30 is the new 20 so, I'm doing good then!...There have been no major old age mishaps - like losing my vision, having a bad hip, arthritis, or a desire to watch Matlock - I am in good condition!!!

While at home my parents/family made a great dinner and gave me a few great presents like a new calendar, the movie Big Fish, Foot lotions, etc. and some cash. It was great to spend an evening with them celebrating. Also Leigh's parents, brother, and sister sent me some money to buy a guitar so now I am looking into that a bit more to see what would suit me best. I am so blessed. With a little bit of the money that I got, I went to Canadian Tire and bought a mini drawer thing used for screws, and nails, etc. and made it into a jewelry box for all my necklaces, and earrings, etc. It's fabulous!
My actual birthDAY was amazing too... It all started with some yummy eggs & bacon with Croissants for breakfast made by Leigh. He gave me the most recent People magazine to read, as well as some really great chocolate. Yay!

Then he handed me a mysterious envelope that had a fun poem in it from Joanna. It was a treasure hunt! I started out heading to Joanna's house (and found two great presents for me there- Cow pyjamas and heart pyjamas picked out by Sophia)

Louise was there too and walked with me to the next spot which was Florida Market to gather my next clue. At first we thought we had the clue wrong as he had forgotten about us!!! But then as we explained more why we were there, the other clerk realized why we were there and got us our next clue and a huge bouquet of flowers. The shop clerk gave me an extra rose just for fun! How sweet. Then we headed off towards....

The Spa!!! Yup! That's right - I got to spend my 30th birthday in my pyjamas! Is there anything better than that? All the girls from work were there as well as a couple others, and it was really special.I was treated royally with a manicure and pedicure as well as a 30 min massage...Ahhhh!!!! Check out Jamie's blog for some more pictures at the Spa!The girls had brought little gifts for me as well as fruit snackies and drinks...AND a pumpkin cheesecake - YUM!!!

It was sooo great. I felt so blessed.I wish I wasn't feeling so under the weather. But what's winter without fighting off another cold?

Leigh did, however, take me out for supper at the Macaroni Grill, and later a movie: The Pursuit of Happyness. It was fabulous. If anyone wants to see a good hearted movie, go ahead and check it out. He too, got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

I'm sad to report that the day ended horribly, as we returned from the movie and found mice roaming around our house. I don't know why I freaked out so bad, but I absolutely hate little rodent things, or slimy slithery things, and it gave me the chills so bad that I got stuck in the middle of the kitchen too terrified to move.
And then....

I cried.

And day one of 3-0h came to a close.

Comments

Ross O said…
I hate meeces to pieces too Ang, at least they came at the end of the day and didn't ruin it all. Leigh has had plenty of practice killing mice over the years, he will git em for ya.
Reesh said…
Wow!! Happy birthday!! That sounds like sooo much fun! You have such caring and thoughtful friends and family and of course your husband! This year is my big 3-oh as well, but not till September. Maybe I'll make Devinder read this post so he can get cracking and make my 30th as smashing as yours was!

Oh and sorry to hear about the mice. I hate them too and have lived with too many to count in my many Vancouver homes. They never talk about the mice problem in the tourist guides do they!
Stu Bish said…
Hey Sis.

Ok first thing, you grew up on a farm.... how is it that you don't like mice. I can only imagine how many mice (or worse) you've encountered in the grain shed!

I liked pursuit of happiness as well, except is was almost too much of an emotional trip for me...

And lastly, you know that guitar shopping for me is like shoe or accessories shopping for the female population of the planet... so I'd love to help you find that 'perfect' guitar :)

happy birthday!
Crystal said…
Glad you had a wonderful day!

I hate mice - did you never go in the barn at home? Remember the tack room and how much tin was covering holes?

And the losing your eyesight old age stuff will come oh it will.

34 - for me and my eye doctor tried to nicely tell me but you just can't tell someone nicely their age is taking their eyesight.
Angela Oliver said…
I guess that's true Crystal about the age thing - I'm beginning to understand my dad more now tho, when he says that you don't feel old on the inside!...and as far as being on a farm with mice, I think this is what has built the hatred in me. I remember David trying to save me once, at the dump by trying to kill a pile of mice with an old paint pail. Well it burst open, and paint went all over his jacket. Mom was not impressed. So you see the mice got him in the end. Leigh has done famously and caught two already.
He's almost as good as a cat! and I'm not allergic to him.
jacqui said…
hey lady ... it was an honor to spend the afternoon with you on your 30th - i'm embracing it as the new 20 too, becasue that means i'm really just some teenage punk (only better because i can just embrace the best parts of being that age). ah, life by rules we make up -- gotta love it.
ps. yeah, loved "pursuit..." but it was an emo trip. then again, whose life isn't?
flibirdijibit said…
Sounds like a great day had by all until the little beggars came!

Happy Birthday babe! It was great to see you over the holiday season!
Oh Joy said…
You seriously can't FREAK long enough or CRY loud enough when it comes to mice. You can't. Cry. And hate. Loathe them. Yuck.

Hee-hee. You had to get a tool chest for all the 10 for 10...
Ross O said…
HaHaHa, not allergic to Leigh, I think we noticed that already.
Sezzy said…
Happy Birthday Sis!!!

Sounds like you had a fabulous day!
That jewelery chest looks HUGE! So much jewelery, fun fun!
Joel M-E said…
Happy Birthday Angela,

I remember turning 30, it seems like only 6 years and 10 months ago. You aren't really old till you turn 50 (or at least that is what I keep telling myself)

Joel M-E
Carlene said…
So glad you had a good day ! except for the meeces of course. I used to have a dog that could kill dozens in a few seconds - fastest mouser in the west was Ding!
Sorry I missed you on the day but with all you did I now know why I kept getting the machine! I will be home Thursday so will talk to you then. Love You.
Mark said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favourite Sister-In-Law.

Sounds like you had a great day. Wish I could've been there.
Oh Joy said…
Really Mark? You wish you could have went with Angie on her girls spa day?
Mark said…
Oh of course I do. It's been sooo long since my last facial. Well overdue.
Heather said…
happy belated.. your gift is on my kitchen table waiting to be sent.. crazy days since we got back but i have thought of you each day.. its on its way.. love you lots.. you look better and better. wish i could have been at your spa day.. made me miss you all so much.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes