Praise: Day 6

Praise Him in the waiting 

Wow- this one can’t be more applicable right now.  When we’re in a place of waiting- and trying to get through something difficult or wishing we were on the other side of hardship, it can feel almost impossible to be in a place of praise to God.

I mean who has time to praise when we’re just trying to cope? But praising Him is something we can do as we wait in the tension.  It might be the last control we have in a world that is chaos.

I know patience  is hard work. It takes effort. And I struggle with the waiting. The tension between where I am and where I want to be. Wishing sometimes it was all over. Letting my mind and my actions prove that I do need more time in the waiting to see that I’m truly at His mercy.

But it’s in that pressing... that newness comes. It is in the crushing that we see what is meant to be- produced.

It reminds me of the song New Wine by Hillsong.   How God takes us through the crushing and the pressing to make new wine. And when there is new wine- there is new power...

So I wait. And I trust, and I believe that God is going to bring something good of all this.  And while I do I praise Him that He is the beginning and the end- the bookends to everything in life- and I am only a small story in the middle. I must trust the bigger story.

Psalm 27:14 says “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord”

So I wait and praise.

Listen to: by clicking below 

The First and the Last (Hillsong United)

Waiting Here for You (Christy Nockels)


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozGKlOzEVc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes