DAY TWENTY THREE - HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD

Our small-group is studying Frances Chan's book "Crazy Love". I love it. I love what he has to say, and I love how he says it. He writes confronting lines like:


"I think it's far too easy to blame the American church without acknowledging that we are each part of the church and therefore responsible" (pg 19)

"We need to stop giving people excuses not to believe in God. You've probably heard the expression, 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live." (pg 21-22)

"As much as we want God to explain Himself to us, His creation, we are in no place to demand that He give an account to us."

"I sometimes struggle with how to properly respond to God's magnitude in a world bent on ignoring or merely tolerating Him. But know this: God will not be tolerated. He instructs us to worship and fear Him". (Pg 28)


"How is it possible that we live as though (life) is about us?" (pg 43)


We are only part way through the book - and I am just eating it up. I love the simplicity of the writing, the humility of the author, and the depth that his words bring. So far the challenges are real, authentic and life giving. He reminds me of Louie Giglio's who speaks on God's greatness too- which if you have the time is a fantastic message. Check it out here:





Frances Chan has videos online to go along with his book Crazy Love so it's great if you are looking for something for your small group to do! Here's the introduction video




Here is the web page with the videos that go with each chapter if you're interested to have a deeper look into it.

www.crazylovebook.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes