DAY THIRTY ONE - BUILDING STRENGTH



It has been another long day - and I can't wait to fall into bed. I didn't sleep that well last night and I seem to be having some sinus issues again, which makes me tire easily.

I've found, I'm still building up strength. I can't believe how long it is taking me to get back on my feet after 5 months of bed-rest. There is this little voice in my head that keeps saying, "you should be better by now!", although the amount of muscle I've lost in my legs is incredible. To go for a 45 minute walk is a huge undertaking, and it means that my body aches all night long. I am now able to squat and tend to the kids on the floor for a few minutes at a time, but 4 months ago I couldn't even squat. I had no muscle mass left to do that.

I'm not complaining, just amazed at how long the road back has been, and the sacrifices that have had to be made. How easy it is to take the simple task of "walking around" or "squatting" for granted. I am thankful though for the result - my 2 beautiful children. So when I look at them, every ache and pain that I feel tonight, is a reminder that it is all definitely worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes