Praise - Day 29

Praise God for family.

I’m kind of going rogue off following the book now- but I have been inspired by the time spent together with my family recently. In a sense the present day lockdown has created space for the very things I’ve heard myself say that I didn’t have time for. One being - just chilling with family.  I have a feeling we’ll look back on these days with fondness.

Stepping back from our regular hurried routine has allowed me to see how much we’ve filled our day with a lot of time pressured events. No wonder I am a stress head sometimes! I am running from one thing to the next just trying to keep up- just trying to keep my head above water. I don’t really like that lifestyle so I have to really figure out how I can make the things that really matter to me - a priority, and dismiss the things that aren’t. To find the space for intentional togetherness with my family enjoying the really simple things in life. 

I have been blessed with amazing parents and two extremely loving and supportive brothers and sister in laws. Leigh also has an amazing family and siblings as well. We are richer than many.
The funny and memorable moments we’ve had together can never be measured. I wouldn’t trade them for anything. They have walked beside me in the darkest valleys, trekked with me on long arduous journeys,  and stood cheering with me on mountaintops. They have encouraged me, guided me, prayed for me, cried with me, laughed with me, supported me, and loved me beyond reason. 

I know that time with my family has and will always be very precious to me. I am so grateful for every morsel. 

Thank you Lord

I have listened to this song over and over basically from the day it was released. I have ugly cried as I sang these lyrics over my children and their children. My heart is that our faith in Jesus Christ will not stop with me when I die but be carried to them and their children. And that Christ would be the centre.

I pray that you too will be blessed by these words.

Click here to listen to:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes