Turn, turn, turn

Leigh and I are really enjoying this season. Summer was really full and busy with our mission adventures teams, and now we have had a chance to really rest. It's been so nice to sit back, relax, and enjoy the day. We've been able to be home from work at a regular hour - around 5pm. Our new office space is only a few blocks away so when we get home Leigh starts cooking supper while I go for a walk - it's been fabulously peaceful. The sunny weather has really helped, and we've been able to take time to read the Bible together in the morning, and talk about things, which I'm really enjoying. I really have a great friend in Leigh. I enjoy the time we spend together, and I think it's amazing how well we work together as a team too! This is a photo of us at one of our friends parties.Lately we have been able to pursue more of our passions with our available time. Leigh has been getting together with a few friends of his and developing videos - a dream and a joy that he talks about constantly. I've been able to organize things - I know that sounds mundane, but I honestly feel so good when I'm able to clean up a dusty pile of items and get them to their rightful spots. I have time to really look at things too. I realize how important that is. Wedding photos, magazines, books, peoples blogs, etc. I like having the time for that. I've also been spending time with new friends Sandra and Julie making specialty cakes. It's been something I've talked about for awhile, so I'm really excited that I was given the chance to learn with these two amazing and creative people. Here's a couple of the samples. The first one was one I made on my own for Sophia's birthday, before I had learned a bunch of new things. The second cake was a cake we made for Wade and Joanna's anniversary, and the last one is a birthday cake we made for one of Julie's daughters Siri. She loves snails - this is Felix!

Comments

Carlene said…
Those cakes are just gorgeous!
You have such a creative flair.
I can see business ideas popping up everywhere!
Kristina said…
Wow, those are amazing looking cakes! that snail is pretty naughty, though...;)
Anonymous said…
Wow - what talent you have, my friend!! And thanks for the cake craving - my hips thank you!
Lindsey said…
wow, those are beautiful ange!
Ariana said…
Those cakes are beyond phenomenal! I'm totally floored
Angela Oliver said…
thanks...but to be honest everyone..the real heroes are Julie and Sandra...I'm just a BIT - baker in training. THey are amazing!
j. oates said…
Ang,
i'm so glad you are enjoying more of the little things.it's so important and those cake are amazing!!!!!!! i'm in awe. miss yo ulots

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes