DAY EIGHT - LOVE FOCUS

A challenge was thrown out in the book that I'm reading, "Is there anything that you love more than God?"

Hmm... That's hard for me to ascertain. How do I know if I love something more than God? I guess I must ask myself such questions as these:
  • What/Who takes up most of my time?
  • What do I think about most of the time?
  • What do I value?
  • Who's opinions matter most to me?
  • Where are most of my energies focused?
  • What makes me happy?

If you find that God isn't the answer to these questions then it is possible that an adjustment needs to be made. This is why lent is so good. It is time set aside to realign your focuses, and to develop new habits.

For me:
  • What/Who takes up most of my time? Watching TV, playing on the computer, and serving my family. I've recently set time aside in the morning to spend time reading and challenging my mind about where I stand with God. This has also helped to invite God into my whole day - in everything I am doing - and decrease the amount of brainless things I do...like sitting on facebook!
  • What do I think about most of the time? I often think about what is going on with my friends and family on facebook! I'm not sure there is anything wrong with this. I guess I just must be sure that it doesn't take precedence over everything and anything else in my brain. My morning conversations with God have helped me to think on different matters throughout the day
  • What do I value? I really value my family. I also value good conversations, and moments spent with close friends discussing things that matter over coffee.
  • Who's opinions matter most to me? I really value what God says about what we are doing. I also take into consideration what my parents think, and of course what Leigh thinks. I often care too much what my friends think.
  • Where are most of my energies focused? Serving my kids and trying to live God's plan
  • What makes me happy? Being with my family, and following what God wants me to do! Seeing God work in other people's lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes