DAY SEVENTEEN - SO GOOD TO ME

About 8 years ago my best friend Louise was in a car accident. Upon impact, the car's airbag had blown up causing serious damage to the one side of her face. Her eye had been so bashed up that the doctor couldn't tell how severe the damage was, but asked her to return in a few days once the blood had settled in her eye. He instructed her to to go home, and lay still in a dark room until her next appointment.

We were roommates at the time, so when she got home, I had tried to think about what I could do to help her pass the time. I realised TV and reading were out of the question, as she couldn't see. So instead, I read to her, gave her music to listen too, and emailed her friends and family for her on her behalf. We spent hours talking.

It was a particularly scary time as we waited to hear the results of her upcoming eye exam. I don't know if you can imagine what it would be like to all of a sudden lose your vision. Louise and I spent a lot of time contemplating what a world like that would be and through our conversations, I found that Louise had chosen to turn her heart towards God, and trust Him through it. He was still a God that was good, even in a bad situation.

Late one night I was sitting with a guitar musing about life's many adversities and God's plan through it all, and a portion of song came to me. The next morning I brought it to Louise, and asked her input and together we wrote this song:

So Good To Me - by Louise and Ange

I don't know why you brought me here
This pain is more, more than I can bear
But You know me, oh so well
And You'll stand with me as far as I can tell

And You're good to me, Oh! so good to me.

Sometimes I feel like You don't understand
And I'm scared I'm stuck in sinking sand
But you promised that You'd rescue me
And you dig down deep to set me free

And You're good to me, Oh! So good to me
You're so good to me, Oh! so good to me Yeah...

So I stretch my arms open wide
To surrender all that there is to hide
and I say, "Fill me up completely inside!"
And I chose to believe
That You're right by my side
And You're good to me, Oh! So good to me

Doubt and fear play on my mind
and I start to believe the enemy's lies
And I feel, Oh so very small
But I know with You that's not true at all

And You're good to me, Oh! So good to me
You're so good to me, Oh! so good to me Yeah...

So I stretch my arms open wide
To surrender all that there is to hide
and I say, "Fill me up completely inside!"
And I chose to believe
That You're right by my side
And You're good to me, Oh! So good to me


Later on we found out that Louise had lost most of her vision in her one eye. We were deeply saddened by this result, but we were thankful that God had spared her other eye and most importantly her life. Sometimes I feel, that if anyone had the "right" to complain, she did! But she never did and she never does. I am inspired and encouraged by her faith and trust in God through it. We do believe that she will be healed one day, but we don't know how or when. Perhaps God still has a number of people He would like to be involved before it happens - more people to be a part of the miracle (maybe even you!) Who knows! I know that I will keep praying. Will you pray for her and her family today?!

I love you Lou!

This is obviously the best picture I have of us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes