DAY ELEVEN - GOD AS MY MASTER

I was challenged today to think about God as our master. I have had a friend who has taught me about this same concept in the past, and to be honest, it was hard for me to swallow - first because I didn't like the idea of God being my master and secondly because I didn't like the idea of being a slave.

With God as my master, I must be willing to submit control, and I hate the idea of being out of control. Being in control means that I have the power to do what I want when I want. Unfortunately I don't always choose well for myself. In fact history has taught me that I constantly choose poorly, and funnily enough, I find I blame God for it. First I say I want to choose my way, but then when things aren't going well, I wonder why He seems so far away or wonder why He hasn't done something powerful to change the outcome.

Handing the reins over to God is not only a good choice, but a life-giving one. As God as our creator, would He not have the best interest in mind for us anyway? For some reason we always think God is out to get us, like He's waiting there to point out of all our mistakes. But from my experience, it seems as though He is interested in seeing the best for us, not see us perform well by making us jump through "spiritual" hoops.

If anything, this Lenten season has taught me that we are all slaves to something - whether it be social pressure, your job, or an addiction. If I'm going to be a slave to someone or something, wouldn't it be wiser to be a slave to someone that created me and cares so much for me? He's even willing to give His own son so I don't have to die for my choices? That seems like a good deal!

Choose today whom YOU will serve!



“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” Luke 16:13

"6 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness." Romans 6:16-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes