Echuca - Bless you!



Leigh took me away for the weekend up to Echuca. Well really Leigh's brother Mark needed us to bring up the boat for him and his mates who were "celebrating" another school year-end there. They had rented a houseboat for the week, and were floating down the Murray River, and we were to bring the other boat up so that they could water ski.

So we took this opportunity to be on holiday away from home! We stayed in a little cabin beside the Murray River and even got on a steamer the next day to go for a little "tourist adventure". Us and 50 old very lovely, people...Man, I love holidays!

Thankfully it was too cold to water ski with the boys, as I'm still a little paranoid to hop into the river (brown from mud), not knowing what you might come across in there - Crocodiles, snakes, eels, dead bodies...who knows!!!

Anyways, we didn't go water skiing with the boys! whew! And Leigh and I had a great time otherwise. Later Leigh took me and his sister Sarah to a clear lake hidden in a grove of trees, only known to locals, called Blue lake. Here I was able to swim happily.

Comments

Oh Joy said…
You DIDN'T go waterskiing??? WHY? Don't miss an opportunity to WATERSKI in Australia!!!!! Why would you DO that??????

Come home.
Oh Joy said…
So I just went over to ebay and then it dawned on me. I would have went...then I would have blown my knee and had to go to the Aussie hospital. So maybe I would have just volunteered to spot?
Mark said…
I really hoped that you would have gone for a ski. But anyway, we had fun up there.

I'm glad that our problem gave you and Leigh the chance to get away for a while.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes