The Ballarat Cup!

Well the day finally came! The Ballarat cup. This was a day similar in ways to Vancouver's Celebration of Lights *Fireworks* and Kerroberts' Jamboree Days, or Boxing day at Walmart...The whole community is involved and it's busy and fun with tonnes of people milling about.

A slight difference would be, that everyone is dressed up and wearing hats or funky things in their hair. Men are wearing suits, at least ties, and women are wearing the latest fashions, and feathers...yes folks, many a chicken died for this event. Champagne flows freely, and people are yelling for their horses to win - so essentially they can buy more champagne...So maybe not a whole lot like Boxing day?

I created my hat, as hats were being sold at $150 a pop, and I also did Sarah and Her friends hair. It was fun.

We picked 2 horses to put small bids on, and were thrilled at the end when Leigh's pick won...Mine didn't place - I wonder if he even finished the race? Anyways, now we have to figure out what to spend our BIG BUCKS on! Maybe lunch today...We'll see.

Comments

Kim Arpin-Ricci said…
You have experienced a true Australian moment. The only thing bigger is the melbourne cup.

Soak up the moments

Love heaps
Reesh said…
I LOVE the hat! It sounds like you're really getting to experience the land down under for all it's glory. Glory I've only ever heard stories about of course. I really do need to get my half aussie ass down there one day...
Kristina said…
you are having way to much fun with out me. I cant believe it!
Lindsey said…
oh my goodness, i love the hat! you look great. i have to say i am a bit jealous, it all sounds like so much fun! i am glad you are having such a good time!

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes