Australian Reception

Not many brides are lucky enough to wear their dress twice. On Sat. we held our Aussie reception, and we Leigh and I decked ourselves out again. Leigh was a little disappointed of the numbers of people that came, but I think it was great, as it allowed me to meet people on a more personal basis, and TRY to stick names and stories to them!

Leigh made and showed an incredible video from when we were married in Canada- which made me cry again! and I wrote a new song for Leigh, which was fun. As well I made an extended slideshow of us growing up, and pictures of who was who in our family, so that people would know my family.

Both Sarah and Mark dressed up again too, and MC'd the event. We did a bit of decorating as well, and when we arrived, we were surprised to find that the hall had just been previously used for a Flower show. They had extra bouquets left over (in a harvest theme) which i used for decorating.

Also Leigh's Grandma has beautiful rose gardens in her back yard, so we built our bouquets from her back yard. This time we used hot chili peppers AND berries on the guys boutinere's.

I had a great time meeting more of Leigh's family.
Photos to come when I get a chance to publish a larger post on a better phone line

Comments

Oh Joy said…
I forgot about your Aussie reception! I am so glad you had a nice time (and got to wear your dress again)!

Oh I so wish I could have been there with you. Why the heck did God plant Australia so far away from Canada?

and WHY, WHY, WHY am I not surprised that Mark got dressed up and planted himself at the front (under the guise of MC) for all to see?

I really would like to see some pictures, especially of the flowers!
Mark said…
Thanks for asking Sarah and me to MC your Aussie wedding.
We had a great time and were glad to see that you and Leigh did too.

I hope you are having fun in Swan Hill.

Miss you guys
Oh Joy said…
I am rather confused...where are you Marky Mark???
Angela Oliver said…
All of Leigh's immediate family moved to Ballarat after Leigh had moved to Canada. The rest of Leigh's relatives currently live in Swan Hill so we had the reception in Swan Hill, cause this is where most of Leigh's friends and family are from. Right now Leigh and I are staying with his grandparents in Swan Hill, and I'm meeting more of his friends here. We are also speaking at his church here on Sunday. Mark has gone back to school - hee hee!
Oh Joy said…
Thank you to my Angie who, despite giggling at my stupidity, will always take the time to answer my questions. Now that's a sister!
Mark said…
Sorry Glenna, I didn't see your comment. I'll try to lift my game.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes