Children???



Before I was married, I was certain, that as soon as I had that ring on my finger I'd be ready to start a family. It's funny how that's changed now that I'm married. I really enjoy being married, and love having Leigh around all the time, so I'm not feeling that need to have a child right away (even at 29!)

But don't worry though cause if a little wee one came along, we'd be extremely delighted, for sure. It's just that at this point we're happy to wait, and I find that surprising for me. I've been asked a few times when Leigh and I are considering to have children, and my response has been that we'll wait as long as it takes.

But now it's got me thinking about baby names ALL THE TIME!!! When I watch a movie and the credits are rolling I'm watching for interesting names. When I read people's names at work in lists, I'm scrolling for good names...When I read people's blogs...well you get the idea.

However, it's got a little out of control now, cause tonight as I was coming home, I thought, "If I had to pick a common everyday English word and make it into a name, I'd pick - Lemon."

I dunno what's happened to me.

Comments

Kristina said…
maybe now we know what was going through gweneth's head
Oh Joy said…
You are so not naming my niece (or worse NEPHEW) Lemon. You aren't. Don't even think about it. I'll take her/him away. That's not good. Lemon Olive (r). Not working.
Angela Oliver said…
well - the other one I was thinking of that I liked today was
Chair.

Leigh thinks he has veto power over all names now...though
Leigh Oliver said…
Don't worry Glenna, None of my children will ever be named Lemon or Chair. I'm sure this is just a short term thing Angela is going through (I hope).
Anonymous said…
personally, i prefer Lemon to Chair, or what about Apricot? hmmm....
Angela Oliver said…
I like Apricot. But now we're making a fruit salad.
How about window?
Leigh Oliver said…
Stop helping her Renee, this problem is already getting out of hand!!!
Oh Joy said…
Listen I am in full backing of my bro-in-lo! Also, let me go on record to say that I will love Lemon Chair Oliver when he/she arrives. But mostly my rush is to get all this baby crap OUT OF MY HOUSE so the sooner the better for me. But whatever, you think you have your own schedule. Yeah, probaby wait until you are focused on proper nouns as names.

Also, look how many comments you get when you start talking children.
Jamie said…
Oh sure, like you would let us get away with that. (wink).

Peace,
Jamie
Angela Oliver said…
of course I would Jamie...I'd let you call your child Video or Magazine if you wanted too...he he (wink wink)
Larph said…
how about bedpan.
Oh Joy said…
If you are going for the everyday common noun, let it at LEAST be coffee related...

I'm kidding Leigh, I so have not joined 'her side" in this debate.
Kristina said…
I heard once that an asian lady named her daughter what she thought was the most beautiful english word: "Diarrhea"
it is kinda pretty......
Angela Oliver said…
really people you've got to move away from the bathroom talk...

and Glenna...I love it...
Coffee would be a great name!

Thanks
Leigh Oliver said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leigh Oliver said…
Great Glenna, now you're even giving her ideas!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes