Tornadoes & Adventures

Last night I had a dream that I was caught in a series of tornadoes.  I'm not much of a dream interpreter, but I've learned that often your dreams are subconscious out-plays of what's going on in or around you. Perhaps you don't have to be a guru to see the parallels to my current situations, but I still browsed a "dream symbol" site for their insight.  It said, "To see a tornado in your dream suggests that you are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums...To dream that you are in a tornado means that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control...To see several tornadoes in your dream represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings".  I would never suggest to anyone that a dream website is the way to completely interpret or analyse your life, but boy this seems dead on this time!

  • Extreme emotional outbursts?  check!
  • Temper tantrums?  (mine or the kids) check!
  • Feeling overwhelmed? check!
  • Out of control? check!
  • People around me prone to violent outbursts? (with two 19 month old twins?) You better believe, check!
Unfortunately there was no path or guide to show me what to do.   Instead I've learned that I'm afflicted like this not only in my semi-wake stupor, but also in my fully dead-to-the-world sleep state, which proves I must "really really really" be experiencing this!

Sleep continues to elude us, but we are managing - which I think is amazing.  We still do silly things, but instead of saying 'I'm a bad parent', I've decided to opt for 'I'm an adventuresome parent'!  For instance, today I took Aliyah to her 6 week immunisations and forgot her nappy (diaper) bag, and her growth book.  Then she filled her nappy.  That was some adventure!!!  And guess what?  I've done that three times!  Yay me - an adventure that keeps on giving!

I'm pretty impressed how breastfeeding has helped me to get back to my pre-pregnancy body. Yesterday, Levi was being a bit clingy and hanging on a little too tightly which resulted in his first "pantsing" of ME!!!!  Leigh laughed so hard, he fell on the floor, which made Levi think he should try it again.  Now how do I re-train that behaviour Leigh!?  I guess, for starters, those pants will have to go in the "giveaway" pile!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes