Lindsey - Off and Away!

It was so fun this past weekend, Lindsey came through on her way through to the Philippines!
For those of you who don't know Lindsey, she was a past roommate and also came on staff as my assistant for a couple of years. I am so very fond of her! She is amazing!
On her way through she stopped and it was so refreshing to spend time with her. It was also great to have Kristina here to visit. Four of us (Jamie, Lindsey, Kristina, and I) went out for supper one night, and it was great to just sit and chat for hours!A few years ago, when she came on staff to work with me in mission mobilization, she had no idea of what her 5 year plan was going to be. I used to encourage my staff to have set goals and dreams to pursue. Being a mobilizer and all, it was important to me that we were always working towards something fulfilling. We spent time helping others find their passion, and helped them on the road to pursue their dreams.

Through the following weeks, we spent time talking about her plans to no avail. Then one day while Joanna was still pregnant with Sophia, she was needing someone to go with her on a visit to the hospital, and it worked out that Lindsey was available.While they toured around the facility, Lindsey became more and more curious about Joanna's birthing choices. Although they were touring the hospital (for potential use as a back up choice) it was Joanna's hope to have a home birth with a midwife.As Lindsey quizzed Joanna about midwifery, doulas, and babies, it became more and more apparent that she had a heart to pursue midwifery education. After finishing her YWAM committment and working for a short time, Lindsey headed off to Idaho to receive her schooling.Now off to the Philippines to finish her 1 year practicum (a year of experience - delivering babies in all kinds of situations) a couple years later, I am so proud of her for choosing to do what she said she would. For more stories connect to her blog site.

Comments

Larph said…
Lindsey is a star.
And you're pretty cool, too.
Kristina said…
Hey, send me all the pics from this weekend! .....please...
Chris Whitler said…
Hey, it's Chris in California...I used to be in Kitchener. Anyhoo, I found you through Wade's blog and thought I'd let you know I'll be stopping in once in a while to read. I guess congratulations are in order! And I saw that you're teaching at the Winnepeg DTS but I won't see you. Ta!

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes