Sun, Rain and Advil

It's been sunny and warm the last few days. It's amazing how the sun makes me feel. So full of hope, vibrance, and excitement - I'm ready for the future.

Today? Well it was cloudy and cold and it even rained a little. I tried to remain upbeat, but all of a sudden my unseen headache turned into a real knocker - oh the agony of a gloomy day.

I've realized there's nothing more depressing than not having hope - Maybe not having advil?

I'm glad I have hope for the future so that mundane days can become stepping stones to brilliant days. But then it makes me wonder, "Do bright wonderful sunny days make gloomy days seem more depressing?"
I suppose that's my pessimism.

To a farmer, spring rain can be the beginning of a beautiful hope - a beautiful future to a great harvest. But rain in the wrong season brings death to the bounty, and an end to his year's work and future support. Turn Turn Turn. Sun is vital too, but not to the extent of a drought. How precarious a farmers' life is. And yet when the sun and the rain dance together they create a breathtaking view of a father's promise - a rainbow.

My brother comes home from the ship in a few weeks. That definitely is a glorious day.

But for now, I pop another advil, and watch the skies for my promise.

Comments

Carlene said…
I think it is those things that you miss most when they are gone that you enjoy most when they return. Like the warmth of the sun after the long dreary days of winter, or the freshness of rain after the summer's heat..... or my beautiful daughter in law after a long time apart!!!
Oh Joy said…
Okay this headache thing has got to be some sort of flu. B/C David had it so bad, you have it so bad and today I can hardly stand being conscious my head hurts so much.

I think your gloom is just homesickness for me. Or my kids. Both? Just remember, you got the haircut and still mine remains unruley.

Said bro returneth in 9 days!!!! And mothers-in-law should jump on planes and come see daughters-in-law for a Christmas in Saskatchewan. Snow and all.
hey did you cut your hair?
Ross O said…
Hey Daughter in law, now that I have a blog I thought I better post a comment on yours, also I will check it regular now that I know how things work.Great photo's Angel, good to catch up on some news, talk soon, miss ya lots. Luv from your Aussie Dad.
Ross O said…
Tell Leigh to check his blog for a comment. Luv ya's.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes