Helping Hands


This week we had the privilege of a group of kids (52 plus adults) from Alberta come and bless our socks off!!!

A travelling youth choir from Ellerslie Road Baptist Church, came to support us by helping to clean our entire base (including YWAM houses) and helped to clean up our community too.

They have come through our Mission Adventures program in the past, and were travelling through Vancouver and wondered if there was any way that they could help us out. This was an exciting blessing for us, as we usually facilitate teams to volunteer at other ministry centres in the city. We felt so blessed and honoured that they would choose to come and serve us.

As we are on the brink of another move (more on that later) we used their man power to help sort through our junk, get rid of what we didn't need, and organize and clean what was left. They even sorted through our worship binders/books and filed them for us.

It was a great day of DETOX if you ask me. It was reported that 1,250 lbs of "stuff" was brought to the dump! That's over a ton of junk! This does not include all the items of clothing and furniture, and other odds and ends that we gave away on the street, nor the donations we gave to Salvation Army.

To top it all off, they even sang for us before they left. We had a great time with them, and are so grateful for their help.

Comments

Oh Joy said…
Ah crap Angie!

You may know that I obsess over songs, sing lines over and over...can't get them out of my head. Awhile ago I could not get the song "Sweet Caroline" out of my head. At the time I only knew the one line. But then I learned the "Hands, touching hands, reaching out..." and then i drove David NUTS singing it over and over, louder and louder.

It recent weeks I have stopped that song (it has been replaced by Richard Marx "Hazard").

Anyway, Sweet Caroline is now back in my head b/c of the whole "Helping Hands" part of the blog.

Hey, didn't you buy Dad a "Neil Diamond Greatest Hits" CD? Wonder if Sweet Caroline is on it...
Angela Oliver said…
Richard Marx triggers "Right Here Waiting for You" I even bought the sheet music for it, so that I could play it AND sing it!
Ariana said…
Sweet Caroline IS on that CD. I've listened to it at their house!
Oh Joy said…
EXCELLENT! I am sooo getting that song. You know how I am such a Neil Diamond kind of girl.

Yes, Right Here Waiting. A much larger hit than Hazard I dare say. But still, three this morning I woke up singing "I swear, I left her by the river...".

Does ANYONE else remember/know the song? I had to call my sister and sing it to her to remind her.

I am going to find my Debbie Gibson sheet music for "Lost in Your Eyes" now.
Angela Oliver said…
Debbie Gibson!!! My first "NON-CHRISTIAN" album that Asha had to sneak to me. RED HOT! That was the song I loved...and Paul kept bugging us and calling her Debbie Gibberhead. And it annoyed us so much..
ahhhh the memories!
Oh Joy said…
My first non-Christian album was Corey Hart - Boy in the Box (Sunglasses at Night was the choice song there). I didn't have much inbetween either. Think it went right from Kid's Praise 4 to Corey Hart.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes