Grateful For My Little Adventurers



I love our children. They are little adventurers. I think that means- I will always have messes in the house as they build fort after fort with every item they can use . It means at least one of them will be sporting a scrape, a bruise or bump! It means I will constantly clean dirty floors and will have no hope of keeping up with the washing let alone get all the stains out of their clothes. It means they will experiment and fail and cry and give up and maybe try again.



But I wouldn’t give up their adventurous spirits for the cleanest house in the world just to have perfectly bubble-wrapped clean children. I love that Aliyahs hands and feet must be in the dirt- and that her hair takes a good hour to brush out because of the debris and twigs she’s collected in it in the day.  She has determination of steel and excels at anything she puts her mind to. She won’t be outdone by her older brothers.



I love that Levi counts down the days (while pouring over animal encyclopaedias) until he can ride his bike to the beloved forest to explore and admire Gods creation. He finds joy in seeing how he can push his body to the max just to see what he can do. That’s a trait directly from his dad.



Kai would look for every opportunity he can find to create something from nothing- and will do what he can to find out why something works the way it does- even if it means he tests it out to learn. He has a courageous heart and always wants to be different (maybe that’s because he’s a twin)- and  will look for a laugh in almost every situation.




These are my adventurers. May their spirits continue to soar and experience new adventures.
May their resilience continue to grow. May they always try.
May they always love.





I don’t mind having dirty, adventuresome, scraped up children as long as they are living their best lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes