Praise - Day 15

Praise Him that He values me

When I was 12 years old I had the opportunity to attend a Youth With A Mission (YWAM) kings kids summer creative arts program. I loved it- and remember having one of my first real connections with God that I can recall. 
I had gone for a walk on my own- and was feeling down that day- as I had never considered myself particularly pretty and my self esteem and value were low because I didn’t feel popular with the boys. To a 12 year old that was real stuff.
As I walked that day-  I found myself in the middle of a meadow field. I looked down and the teeniest tiniest flower caught my attention. As I stooped  to pick it up I felt God say to me “You see this flower? This is you. In the sea of grass and the multitude of other flowers- some brighter and bigger, this is the one that makes me stop..”
I remember feeling so full in my heart. I couldn’t believe that God valued me that much. It wasn’t until later when I read more of the scriptures that I began to discover how big His love was for me. Far greater than I could even imagine.

I find it easy to sing out praise of Gods worthiness and value- but isn’t it amazing how He sees me.  Even though I could never imagine myself being worthy or valuable enough before Him, that He sees me and says- “you are.”

Click here to listen to Priceless by King and Country

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xu5HGgrskQg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes