26 Weeks!



Well I have now reached 26 weeks!!! WHOOT WHOOT! This is a celebration in our babies lives as we hear this is the first milestone to reach in the "baby survival" calendar. Apparently the chance of survival after 26 weeks exponentially increases, and even moreso the longer the little ones can stay in there. We are praying that the kids will stay in past 32 weeks so that we can have them here in Ballarat at St John's Hospital. (of course if they stay in there to 36+ weeks that's even better!)

This week, I was able to receive 2 steroid injections for the kids in the event that they come early. The steroids are to help their lungs develop so I'm also thankful for that insurance as well. It meant I got to leave the house twice this week, and even though it rained one of the days it was just nice to be outside of the 4 walls of my bedroom.

The past 2 weeks I've become even more sloth-like, and have put "novels" aside for awhile. I hope it doesn't cause my brain to rot. Instead I've been suckered into online solitaire, watching awful daytime television, and browsing the internet for baby stuff.

Since reaching 25 weeks and hearing such optimism from the OB, I have felt a little bit more confident to cruise down the path of shopping and planning for the babies. Up until now, I was hesitant in case something bad should happen. But now reaching 26 weeks, I'm all of a sudden struck with the realization that I will have 2 children to care for in 2-3 months and that has got me into some sort of panic all of a sudden.

Leigh and I have been reading books and reading online information trying to get a grasp on what is "necessary baby stuff" to have and what is superfluous.
  • Car seats - necessary
  • pram - necessary
  • nappies - necessary
  • cot - necessary
  • a weekly cleaner - necessary
  • coffee - necessary
Then there's
  • dimmer switch for nursery light- superfluous
  • 2 bathtubs - superfluous
  • installing a sink in your nursery - superfluous
  • a playground outside - at least at this point - superfluous
  • a brand new Subaru - apparently superfluous and expensive- COME ON LEIGH!!! I guess nappies and food are a priority at this point...
Of course there are heaps more necessary items that I haven't listed here - but I'll have to take it one bit at a time! Or I may just get a little overwhelmed.

We are thinking of painting 2 walls in our nursery a dark grey (charcoal) color which will complement the white furniture well. Then of course blasts of bright colors everywhere like red and orange and purple - cause as some of you know (Glenna) I don't have a huge love for pastel.

Here is an example of the color of paint I'm interested in for the nursery...


Comments

Carol said…
Gald to hear that everything is going well. I love your thoughts for the nursery. Our prayers are with you. Take care
joanna said…
Please read the next comment in a very excited Joanna jumping up and down sing song voice - "a nursery! a nursery! a nursery!" I love your ideas, but even more than that I love 26 weeks, and those babies and you being able to plan for them. wonderful.
Ariana said…
Beautiful! I love the grey!!! And I hear ya, pastels can be kinda lame-o.

I loooooooove this post and everything it contains.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes