2 Thumbs Down United Airlines!

We have finally arrived in Canada, and are now about to settle into bed (33 hrs after setting out on this journey) It has been an eventful trip. To start off, when we got to the United Airlines check in counter, the lady asked Leigh if he had filled out a form for entry into the US - now this is not United's problem, but it does however frustrate me on many levels. Apparently it's a new thing they've set into place and thankfully after spending "mega-money" at an internet kiosk in the airport, was granted his visa and despite warning it could take up to 72hrs for approval, he was allowed to finally check in.

The United check in lady happily reported to us that we had been upgraded to economy plus - "wow," we thought - "what a blessing!" It wasn't long before we realised that this was not a blessing at all. We were stuck in the centre aisle in the middle 2 seats between 2 very large men. One man was soooo obese that he took up 2 seats. As I'm turned to the side to fit into my seat, I said "Leigh there is no way I can sit like this for 13 hours, plus this man smells bad!" So Leigh switched seats with me, and lasted about a half hour. We asked the stewardess if there was any other seat in the whole plane that we could use (even if it was in the "regular economy") She barked at me "no!" and said the plane was full.

Later on, I was extremely frustrated thinking if I was only going to get half a seat, I should only have to pay half a seat! The guy was so large the arm rest couldn't come down, so I could plug in my headset to listen to and watch TV. I decided to walk about to see if there were any other seats available. We asked another stewardess who acted if I was really putting her out, and she gestured rudely to one seat left in an emergency aisle that we could have if we wanted. She didn't even come out of the Steward cove to talk to me while she ate. So we took it, but she never told the head steward who wondered why Leigh was sitting there.

In the end I was really upset with the courtesy of the staff, but also annoyed that the heavy person didn't have to pay for 2 seats. Also the food was terrible -and honestly I'm not just complaining, but the rice was so hard it was too tough to eat, and the eggs for brekky were inedible. Both Leigh and I hated the LAX airport too, so

All in all...I give United Airlines and LAX 2 thumbs down! Enough so, that in the future, Leigh and I will happily pay extra to fly Air Canada thru Hawaii or Qantas straight thru to Vancouver.

However, we are here now safe and sound. Praise the Lord!

Comments

Stu Bish said…
I flew united once from San fran to Sydney. Never again, if we can ever avoid it.

That goes for LAX as well :)

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes