Passion and Emotions


I wonder why God made me sooooo emotional. I am always surprised at how even keeled Leigh can be in almost every situation. There are times that I get so angry that it even surprises me. I sometimes feel like I am outside of my body when I'm like this. I mean who is that crazy lady yelling? Oh - it's me, weird.

Then there are days that I'm so happy I'm sure I could burst. Nothing can bring me down. Life is good and pure, and I see things that I don't normally see - like how amazingly blue the sky can be.... Nothing can stand in the way of my joy.

It's amazing how extreme I can be - (and no I'm not pregnant to any of the smartie pants out there that wonder if I am!)

I guess that I am just passionate. But is there a difference between being super passionate about something, and being super emotional about something? I have had to try to find the balance in between.

This is what I've come to think...
Passion is unchanging whereas Emotions can change.
Passion is life defining, Emotions are expressions of moments
Passion is long term, Emotions are momentary
Passion is hopeful and forward thinking, Emotions are individualistic and selfish
Passion is rooted in truth, Emotions are based on feelings
Passion is rational, Emotions can be irrational

Now don't get me wrong, I think emotions are important. And I think God designed me this way on purpose -to have emotions I guess I'm just having to learn not to let my emotions make all my decisions in my life, and not to let my emotions decide how I will live my life. I will let them shape moments though, and use the gift God has given me in Leigh, as a peaceful answer to my somewhat explosive tendencies.

Comments

jamie said…
Hey Ange,

I hear ya... Craig and I operate in similar ways as you and Leigh! I think you're right - we can't let emotions 'rule' us...but I suppose part of it is a gift as well, being able to feel so deeply. I always think too of how people say you don't know what real joy is until you've experienced real sorrow...and not that more 'even keel' people don't feel sorrow or joy, but you know it just seems like its not always in the same way people like us do! If you're interested though there's a good book by Joyce Meyer called "Managing Your Emotions". :) Great to hear from you again!
Emily Deu said…
I am exactly the same way...it feels like you have a split personality sometimes!!!! It's scary, and humorous.

I love your passion...I also love that photo of you, you look beautiful!

Glad you enjoyed my funny story, I think your the only one who read it! It was pretty embarrassing!!!! Josh's family still laugh about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes