A Dream - A New Mother

A month ago, I had a dream, and when I sat down to write it down, it came out like this...

A New Mother

Deep down in my soul
I'm crying out
and echoes play in my ears.
Once more it goes!

The sharpest pain has come again - strong, with the wind.
Unknowing
Unnerving
and Powerful.

I find a deep pool
Where the placid waters lap the wanting shores
I'm swimming, hiding in the bottom

I hear singing...or is it someone crying?

Peace for one moment.
Then all of a sudden I'm wracked with pain.
I can't hear, I'm gasping.

Yet, there's yelling.
Words piercing
FOCUS!!
Breathe
Could I forget?

Then, there you are with bewildered eyes
Wild.
Drowning just below the surface

I wonder how to save your anxiousness. I turn.
In your darkest hour
I can't help you.

I console myself with desperate threads
You'll be all right.
I hope I'm right.
I hear screaming
It's me.

There's pain, tugging, nagging.
Deep sensations.
Fear
Ignorance
This is no where close to bliss.

I can't stop it. I somehow I don't want too
I'm committed now.
And I will go on

Oh! I'm tired.
so tired,
so tired...
Wondering if I'll make it through
I can't see the end
But they promise me it will come.

I hurdle the worst of it
Sure that there is no possible way I could recover now
Sure that I'll be exposed forever
Sure that I don't have an ounce of sweat left in me.
Not one ounce left in me.

And then...
Finally..

Just like that.
I'm floating.
Looking down I see you.
Beautiful
Exquisite
Perfect
Enchanting

And I know
You were the best thing
That's ever happened to me.

Comments

Heather said…
whoa! so beautiful... words fail me. that was amazing! i hear some music coming along....

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes