2024 - Happy New Year!


 Here's to another new year! Who knows what kind of treasures and adventures I will discover in 2024. I don't usually do resolutions, but I'll often sit in a space and ask God - what do you want me to notice this year? 

In 2023 the word He gave me was repentance. It was a hard and confronting journey - (still is). Necessary for growth and change and deeply painful. It requires facing the music, confession, drastic change in my behaviour, in my character,  my parenting, my work - relationships, everything....This is an ongoing focus that won't end when the clock ticks over to a new year. 

However while I've never felt so low in myself - I never felt so close and carried by God. Probably more than ever. His grace has been found every morning. I found some friends who loved me in my heartache - and who walked with me in my shame.

I really do “thank God” for this year...even in all the pain.  I’m so thankful we serve a God that loves us so much He doesn't leave us in our sin - He calls us out - so we can be free from it - but sometimes it can be painful. I have never been so aware of my weakness and His greatness, my lack and his sufficiency, His majesty and my humility.

While I don't know what's ahead, I do want to keep moving forward in my faith. The word I keep coming back to for this next season is "To Stand". Ephesians 6 talks about wearing the full armour of God and that at the end "when you have done everything, to stand."

I need some time to marinate in this word this year - and discover more of what it means to stand.

Two habits I'd love to practice more are "creating with mistakes" and "scripture memorisation."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes