Testing...Testing...

I can't believe that Aliyah will be 11 weeks this week and the boys will be reaching 21 months next week! It has been a good few weeks now that I'm not feeling as ill as I was.  Aliyah is starting to make a routine which is helping me out immensely. The colic is starting to lesson - Thank God!  It allows me to plan and organise better which gives me much less stress and much more rest!

It has been a week though where the boys have been exploring their boundaries. And of course I want to do everything "right"! And instead find myself yelling in exasperation "Haven't I just told you NOT to do that 3 times already today?" And one kid looks at me innocently as in "Mom, what's the big deal?" And the other shouts back, "no,no,no!" "So you DO know then? You're just seeing how far you can push mommy today?" Great!!!

What? Oh! You DIDN'T want me to pull the tissues out and rip them up into tiny bits!?
Yesterday my mantra included "Stop playing with the toilet brush. Stop pushing your brother. Please stop wrapping that cord around your neck. I'd like  it if you wouldn't pull out all the tissues please. Stop climbing that!  Please stop sitting on Aliyahs head. Can you stop throwing food on the floor please? Please don't touch that! Please stop jabbing your head with that fork! Mommy is not a jungle gym! Watch out for your brother. No jumping on that please. Please stop throwing that toy!

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

And then you wake up the next day and start all over again!

Look Mommy - I can climb up to see Aliyah myself!
I think the hardest part is when you go through the whole effort of teaching one child NOT to do something and they actually listen to you and 5 minutes later the other one tries it as if to say, "I wonder if this goes for both of us?" And I'm tired by then and want to ignore it but can't! I've also noticed they've learned that once I'm feeding Aliyah they can get away with more as I'm more immobile.   They are smart!

Today Levi pulled the plate for the powerpoint (socket) off the wall and when he saw me coming he quickly threw it into Malakai's lap and pointed his finger at him and said "Uh oh! Oh no-no-no!"  Hmmm...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes