Detox? I think NOT! (or maybe)

So I've been sick for too long! And it's quite frustrating. For years now I've suffered with asthma, colds and flus, weight problems, bronchitis, and even pneumonia.

I figured once I had rid myself of some stress, I would be right. Since coming to Australia and by being super controlling of what I allow myself to participate in (so as not to overdo it) things have gotten better -for sure. I believe that the exercise I've been doing has really been helping as well, BUT I am finding that I still struggle with getting colds that will last for weeks, and I continue to wheeze and wheeze and wheeze. Oh I'm so sick of wheezing!

I found myself thinking that I wondered if this was how I was going to be the rest of my life. Always struggling always gasping for my next breath. And it scared me!

My friend Claire turned me onto this new detox - called The Liver Cleansing Diet. Now I have been on a number of diets and had sworn to myself that I would not DO another diet that was a "quick fix" again. I hate the feeling of losing weight and then gaining it all back. I hate feeling like I have to sit there and refuse myself food, or feel like I'm starving myself, or that I had to sit there and count every piece of eveything that went into my mouth. So when Claire approached me about this, I was quite resistant to it, and had ideas of what it would be like (eating gross potions and pills from the health food store, and being hungry every day, forever!) But she made me read that book anyways as well as "The Body Shaping Diet". And I'm glad she did, I learned SO Much!

I was so relieved to find that according to my body type, it is normal to struggle with these things - exactly. Apparently I am the LYMPHATIC body type, which means that

"In this shape "the woman appears more overweight than she really is due to fluid retention in the fatty layers of the body. This may give you a rather pudgy or swollen look...Because the vessel and glands of the lymphatic system tend to be inefficient, problems with the immune system may occur...problems such as swollen glands, tonsillitis, excessive mucous or allergies may result in sinusitis, hay fever, sore throats, bronchitis, or asthma. LT woman usually crave dairy products which are NOT metabolized well and result in weight gain, and excessive mucous production in the body..." etc.

hmmmmmm interesting? It then goes on talk about the importance of the LIVER DETOX diet, and how multiple woman have overcome their "asthma, weight, and sinus issues" because of the liver detox.

So guess what I started? The Liver Cleansing Diet. 2 weeks ago. I am glad to say that the only things I need to cut from my diet is dairy and red meat (for the next month or so) to allow my liver to get healthy, and then to introduce healthy eating options into my every day diet to feel healthy and well.

To be honest, the first 2 weeks are hard only because the toxins are being released into my body, which makes me tired, and gives me headaches. On top of that, I got another cold (sigh) and don't know if it's a result of the toxins or if it's just because I got another cold from being around kids when I'm teaching music.

But, I'll continue to suffer through this and hope that I feel so much better on the other side of all of this! I've got to try something....

Comments

Ange, this sounds really neat!! Way to go...you can do it!
Lindsey said…
way to go ange! it all sounds so interesting...i want to know more! good luck!
Emily Deu said…
Hey ange...since your email to Leanne and I, I got the book as well...been reading it over and going to start on it tomorrow. I know that I eat way to much sugar and I thrive on structure so I'm stoked for that. I only eat about 3 servings of veggies a week..so I'm excited to actually be eating things that are good for my body...did you buy a juicer???
Do you like the recipes?? The recipes look good..

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes