Fresh off the boat or...er plane

Leigh's parents planned a holiday away with the family, 2 days after our arrival! It's the middle of summer here in Australia. It was quite an adjustment to get used to. In Saskatchewan I took pictures of the frost, where the temperature dipped below minus 30 C, with the wind chill.
Once we arrived in Northern Victoria at the lake, we experienced temperatures over 40 C! This morning when we left at 10:30am it was already 38 C. (so hot!)

One of the strangest things to get used to was feeling all right with wearing summer clothes. I know it sounds strange, that even tho it's hot, I had to convince myself that it was ok. I guess I assumed the Aussies would laugh at me thinking it was hot (cause they'd be used to it) But not so. They were as hot as me!

SO... BIG SURPRISE...

Leigh's parents told us we were renting cabins at the lake, so we are thinking - pack for extreme heat and dirt...We arrive at the lake, and all of a sudden we are pulling into a MASSIVE 2 LEVEL HOUSE ON THE LAKE!!! Beautiful and brand new... huge plasma screen TV's, with movies (in almost every room upstairs and down - that's 6 TV's!) Dean brought his Wii - Who knew that I could get into video games - boy we got into that!!! as well as Dutch Blitz and Cribbage...
A hot tub (with cold water - a weird concept to get used too, on the veranda overlooking the lake0 - BBQ's...on the deck (2 decks) 2 master bedrooms both with walk in closets and Ensuites - we got one!!! and the best part of all... air conditioning - Ahhhh air conditioning, my life, my saviour!!

We took the boat out on the lake, but had to be careful when we went out - because of the heat, and the waves, etc. I became video girl, and actually didn't ski/wakeboard. But here are a few pics I took...
Ross Skiing (one ski)

Mark Skiing (one ski)

Leigh Wake boarding

Dean Kneeboarding

My birthday was brilliant! Stuart arrived!!! And brought me a great gift! A coffee aero-press thing... and this after I received my coffee grinder from Carlene... Ahh Look how happy I am to get it! Australia in all it's glory, lacks a bit in one area - coffee - but now I can have the best coffee in town.

Anyone coming over?

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Ang and Leigh! Wow that looks like it would have been a great welcome back to Aus! It's a bummer that you flew in the day before i flew out!! Oh well i'll be back at the begining of March so we'll hang out then? Of course we will! I'm looking forward to coffe, poker, beer, and cricket (if it's still on)! Well miss you both.
Love,
Benjamin.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes