Peas on Sale

I'm not too sure what to post this week as I'm doing the same thing I was doing last week - still resting in bed, trying to fill time, and be the best mom to these kids that I can be. However the more I bed-rest the harder it is to feel a part of the world around me.

Whenever people come by to visit, it's a wonderful break in my day, however I'm finding it harder and harder to keep the conversation going as I feel like I have nothing to contribute except, "Hey, do you wanna know what happened on the show I watched yesterday?" Which I know they don't, but I've realised I'm officially becoming a boring conversationalist!

I try to think of lots of questions to ask people who come by, but after about 20 minutes I feel spent. I feel like it's a bit uncomfortable for them as well, as they try to wrack their brains for some amazing piece of news for me. Of course I'm happy with mundane conversation such as "I bought peas on sale yesterday" as that starts a whole chain of thoughts in my head as far as imagining someone outside in the supermarket buying peas - but no one who isn't on bed-rest wants to converse with me about the process of finding their peas on sale. It's amazing the things you admire in someone else when you aren't able to do those things yourself - I admire people buying peas on sale...just cause they can do it! I know I'm going crazy.

Yesterday we went to get a scan of the kids to see how they are developing. We found out that they are growing really well - PRAISE GOD! Their heads and torsos are right on track at 28+ weeks, but we found out their limbs are 1-2 weeks ahead (gauging at 30 weeks) which means these children could be tall - OF COURSE IT'S FROM MY SIDE OF THE FAMILY! It's exciting to see that they are keeping up to the average as most often twins can be smaller and develop under this average. We also found out they are still laying transverse (like stacked pancakes) which the radiologist reported can be much more uncomfortable for the mother. I tend to agree as I wonder if all the crazy movements I am seeing and feeling will actually result with them bursting out of my skin! Our doctor however likes this type of layout as it keeps the kids from putting any pressure on me to come out early!

I also had to get testing done for gestational diabetes yesterday. I will find out the results soon and really hope I don't have it. It would be nice NOT to have deal with another thing. Recently the added self- injections of Clexane (to keep blood clots away) has become my lot as I have to administer them to myself daily, so I think it would be great not to have to add another thing like injections for diabetes.

During the diabetes test, I had brought some crocheting along with me to pass the time as you are meant to wait for an hour to get your blood tested after you drink the glucose drink. Because I haven't been eating much sugar recently, I think my system went into shock! I was shaking as I tried to crochet - and I wondered if this was what it was like to be elderly - sitting around shaking, crocheting, and waiting to get your blood tested...

As far as crocheting - my mother in law found some great wool -that isn't wool at all but a mixture of bamboo and cotton. I find it much easier to work with (allergy wise) and it's so soft and beautiful that I got inspired to make a few things for the kids.

Here's a hat I made


And here's the start to a blanket I'm working on... I haven't attached it together or anything - and it's by far not a professional job! But it has helped time to go by more quickly!





Comments

Unknown said…
your an amazing woman ange so very proud of you :) You are already and will continue to be truly an amazing mother
Pam said…
Morning Ange. Love the little hat & your blanket will look great ~ handmade is so beautiful & when your little one/s are snuggling in it, it will mean even more.
Wonderful re their growth too, I'd never heard of the 'pancake' position of twins before either, which sounds good, if the doc reckons it is better for you :)
I know your babes are knowing your love already & you are doing your best for them as you say & therefore as your friend Hayley said, you ARE an amazing mother.
Ariana said…
I think it's the most beautiful blanket I've ever seen, actually.

I will tell you about frozen peas ANYTIME YOU WANT. I feel a bit like you are away in the mission field, desperate for news of the "normalcy" at home... you are in the country of Bedrestistan.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes