30 Weeks Along...and Counting!

It's been a beautiful day today. Glorious sunshine. I'm so thankful for it as it really lifts my spirits.

I've reached 30 weeks and it seems like this is the week of more stretching and growing for the bubs -which means more stretching and growing for me and my big belly! It's so weird to see so much action happening in my stomach. Seriously alien - and with 2 independent minds inside, it can be quite comical to watch. Often one wakes up, stretches, and then begins to annoy the other one til they are awake as well.


We've had about 30 guesses on Expect Net (game name to play is LittleOllies) This is a game to to guess the babies gender, weight, height, and date of arrival. It has been fun for me to read, and fun to have people from all walks of life participate. The game will run 'til I'm 32 weeks so if you'd still like to get a guess in you'll need to do it by the end of the day Weds 28 Sept.

I keep counting down the days/hours 'til I'm 32 weeks as by then we'll be able to stay in Ballarat and have the children here. I keep praying these kids are developing well, so that they won't have to be in the NICU or have any breathing problems or any other preemie issues, that will result in using breathing tubes, or keeping them in incubators for an extensive period of time.

On Friday, I was able to leave the house to the hospital again for another steroid shot - our 3rd one so far this pregnancy. It's always funny showing up there, as Leigh pulls up, runs in, grabs a wheelchair, and sits me in front of a window while he goes and parks the car. While I'm waiting for him, people look at me curiously, wondering if I am in labour. For fun, I try not to give any indication either way. As I'm carrying twins, I appear full term so it is quite possible from others peoples' perspectives that I am in labour. I also think the use of a wheelchair helps to convince people that I am!

This time around, there was a lot of people there, and when we reached the elevator there was a long line to get in. Leigh, of course, waved everyone else in, and said, "We'll just catch the next one." which I think, horrified many people around us.

Those that were in the elevator, kept moving over trying to make more room for us, and refused to let the doors close until we did come in. They kept waving us in, so we crammed ourselves in there too. There was about 10 of us stuck like sardines, and each floor we stopped at, Leigh had to wheel me out to let everyone out, and push me back in until we got to our floor. After a few moments, one lady looked at me and said, "My, you are sure a patient person if you're having contractions!" All the while looking at Leigh and remembering his comment that we could catch the next elevator. We laughed and explained we were just here for an injection.

Two minutes later, Leigh wheeled me up to the maternity ward desk to get my shot, and I was greeted with friendly overeager nurses thinking I was in labour and ready to get me in a bed... and I smirked again, and thought I really do hope I am this "together" when I'm actually IN labour!

Comments

Unknown said…
oh ange so happy to read a 30 week post :) you guys are just amazing! 2 more weeks! I am counting down and praying that these next two weeks come and go :)

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes