Holidays and a Birthday!

How does one go from sheer chaos to holiday mode in a day?

Well that's what I'm currently trying to deal with. RELAX?!!! Are you kidding me? Have you seen my laundry pile?

But it's been good to have a breather. It takes about a week to unwind, but sometimes you don't have that luxury. And then you need another week of catch up - on housework, bills, emails, friends, etc. which you try to do all in one day for some reason, but you don't get it done, and then you're back to work!
Whew!

Anyways, I'm trying to successfully holiday (since last Friday) and I think yesterday was the first day I really accomplished that. My cousin Asha and her husband Eric came by to visit, and it was so refreshing to have non-work related connections with somebody.

Then last night we had a mini-birthday party with Sophia, as Leigh and I will be gone during her actual birthday. We had a STELLAR meal of smoked ribs made by Wade.


It was so delicious and yummy - as you can well imagine. We all agreed with Sophia's decision to start the party with the birthday cake- (I managed to make into a paw print from Blues Clues)- Really one of those "easy" birthday cakes, which she loved!

Here's a couple gifts that Sophia received...

A big sister Dora DVD and a NEW jean jacket!


And, as you see here, Sophia has a special love for her Uncle Leigh...


Now, we are off on another travel odyssey across to Winnipeg for our National Staff Conference, stopping on the way to say hello to the family on the farm.
Life is full - and that's good.

Comments

Reesh said…
Wow I can't believe how big Sophia is getting!! You can tell Wade and Jo that she is absolutely adorable!!

Have a great time on your holiday and realx already!!
Oh Joy said…
Now for some reason that cake looks very, very familiar...

Happy Birthday Sophia!!!! I was supposed to make you that cake but your Mom and Dad won't bring you here. Boy did I have a great party planned and everything.
Kristina said…
that cake looks yummy.
Carlene said…
She is so adorable!
Closest thing I have to a grandchild.... a grandgodchild!
I was thinking of Sophia when I was shopping the other day. A new store called Cotton On For Kids has just opened. Cotton On is the store for the "cool kids". I just wanted to start buying Sophia and the rest of the Ambros clan!Maybe before Sarah and I come over. Send sizes around January!

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes