Christmas 2005

These were my top 5 highlights of Christmas 2005!

5.Kris Kringle

Instead of buying presents for everyone in the family, we decided to draw names this Christmas. Mum had me...and of course since it was our first Christmas here, she spoiled me and went waaaay over the limit.

She basically bought everything that I put on my list and extras!
Purple Luggage - so I could bring everything back that we got here.
Butterfly tea cups and saucers - extremely cute!
Pink Wrap around dress - adorable
Gorgeous Butterfly Clip
Butterfly scarf from China.
Book of Australian Stories

Leigh and I decided to save our money to put towards an Ipod Nano, but both caved in for "little" presents for each other for Christmas Day. Leigh got me a delicate silver bracelet, and I got him a yellow shirt, surfer necklace, and a Homer pez dispenser (which he loves!)

4. Family
It's quite an experience being so far away from home for Christmas. This was my first tiune away from my Canadian family, and I have to admit, it was quite difficult at first, adjusting to a warm Christmas. I think the temperatures have been well over 30 degrees this week...
Anyways, it really helped to call home and talk to the family back there. We also tried to call Jason aboard the Doulos ship, but weren't able to get through. It must be even harder for him aboard the ship during the holiday season.
Thankfully the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful Australian family who love and adore me, and take incredible care of me.

3.Poker

Some people play board games at Christmas, some like charades, others play cribbage...poker was our game of choice this year! On Christmas day, Leigh received a poker set from his brother Mark. Of course this meant that we had to try it out to "see" how it worked. The whole family got in on it, and in the end, it was Ross who ended out on top.

2.Narnia
The day after boxing day we all headed to a movie together as a family. I had been dying to see The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe since it came out, and was not disappointed. The movie was fantastic! The animation of Aslan was incredible...I believe the best I've seen yet. It was a perfect Christmas movie to see, and I can't wait to own it one day on DVD.

1.Go Karting
Ross and Dean planned a surprise event for the whole family on boxing day. We all piled in a bunch of cars and headed to the go-kart facility. Never before experiencing this kind of adventure, I was a little apprehensive at first. I was surprised at the acutual speed of the cars, and a bit worried someone could get hurt. By the second lap, all of that had been forgotten, as we raced around the track overtaking each other, and yes crashing too...I expected that to hurt more, and it finally did the next day! But boy it was the best fun I'd had in a while. Dean ended up in first, a hair up on Mark. It was great fun! I want to do THAT every Christmas!


Comments

Oh Joy said…
Okay I shall weigh in with my 5 favorite things...

1. Family - love my neice and nephew so much!! And LOVE hangin' with my sister. And LOVE that the grandparents get to be with the kids
2. Food - love the turkey dinner, mashed potatoes, stuffing, all the salads, the pie...YUMMY!!!
3. Music - My sister had the bestest music playing all day long!
4. Stockings - I love that the kids really think Santa came down our chimney and filled their stockings.
5. Lingering Colds - yep, all the kidlets got a horrible, lingering, terrible cold that they are still battling. LOVE that.
Ariana said…
By now you are somewhere in Hawaii. Hope you're having a blast! Can't wait to hear from you when you get back to Canada. :D
Lindsey said…
wow, sounds like far too much fun! but you deserve it!
love you!
Carlene said…
My favourite things were my family - all of them being around for Christmas. I know my nest will soon be empty but I will savour every moment I have my children close by. It has been so hard having to say goodbye to the two of you. Angela I feel so blessed to have spent the past couple of months getting to know and love you. It makes the parting hard but seeing you and Leigh together is so great. have a wonderful time in Hawaii.

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes