Immigration & Tabouleh

So, I've been busy filling out forms for my immigration interview that I had yesterday. We've decided that this will help in the future should we decide to settle here, but also this will help greatly for continued access to Australia - which I will definitely need now and for the future.

This is the size of APPLICATION! yikes - lots of information. Please note the extreme work that went into organizing and filing that puppy. Also here are all of our "photographic evidences" tabbed and in chronological order.
I went into all this, thinking this was going to be hard work and not easy - not to get worked up about it, but just to do it. It's the same "talking to" I give myself before entering the Metrotown mall in Vancouver around Christmas time - just breathe...It will be all right!

The interview went all right. We are just waiting on a few things to come in - an Australian and Canadian police check, and a health records check. I've done all the paperwork for them - and got my health check done too - now we just wait the results in the mail.

The meeting went fine - I wasn't sure how to feel afterwards. I was hoping to be relieved but to be honest, I guess that won't happen til the process is finished. I guess it is common to make you feel a bit rattled - so it doesn't SEEM easy to do it, but I don't know. I have 28 days to offer in the rest of my paperwork.

Leigh has been a super gem. He came with me to Melbourne yesterday, and afterwards took me to Ikea to buy a cheese grater and a plant. It helped. It's nice to be married to such a great person.

Recently, I've continued on this detox, and it hasn't been going too badly. Here's some home-made kofta and tabouleh I made last week for tea (supper)

so yummy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you look so pretty ange, i miss your hair!
jamie said…
wow good luck with all that stuff..i definitely know what it is like!

Popular posts from this blog

Burstin' With Broadway!

The Art of Making Mistakes